- Lift the parachute high into the air. Call out two children's names. They must trade empty spots by running under the parachute, before it comes down on them.
- All the children lift the parachute up high while you give instructions for children to run underneath and into the middle and back to their original place again if they are wearing something blue, have brown eyes, like eating cheese etc.
- Ask the children to collect leaves and put these on top of the parachute - this works especially well in autumn. You can then lift the parachute to make the leaves fly and fall back down.
- You could also create a snowstorm with cotton wool balls on top of the parachute. Ask the children to run about with containers collecting them when you have finished so you can all play again.
- Put a tinfoil ball or similar on top of the parachute and challenge the children to shake the ball whilst keeping it on top of the parachute.