- Set out several different hoops – each hoop should represent a country and could be filled with things like the country's flag or pictures of famous landmarks.
- Children run around the edge of the hoops and run / skip / gallop to a 'country' of their choice when the leader calls out 'holiday time!'
- After a while remove some hoops so children will have to share their hoop with others to encourage working together
- Encourage children to remember the name of the country they have chosen each time and show them where it is on a map.
- You could change the action children perform when it's 'holiday time'. Perhaps they could drive their 'cars' there, fly like an aeroplane or move like a train.