- Two children are chosen to be sharks and stand in the middle of the activity area.
- Other children are divided into small groups and each group is given the name of a fish e.g. tuna, goldfish, salmon.
- You call out names of fish and those children have to run around the sharks in the middle (who stay at their base).
- Sharks can give chase only when the activity leader calls out 'sharks!'
- The shark who catches the most fish can choose to stay as a shark or become a fish.
The other shark joins one of the fish groups and another shark is chosen to start the game again.