Tummy time activities
- Provide a sensory baby gym with space to roll and interesting items to look at / grasp
- Lie baby on side to encourage rolling from side to back / tummy
- Place interesting items just out of reach to encourage stretching and movement
- Get down on the floor and interact - sing songs, play with toys, place a plastic mirror in front of them
- Hold a toy to the side where they can see it and move the toy over their head to land on the other side. They'll follow it with their eyes and may roll over
- Play aeroplanes (when sufficient head control is established). Lie on your back with knees bent up while they lie with their tummy on your shins, facing you.