These aren't all necessarily physical activities, but they're important in the development of fine motor skills.
- Messy play such as play dough
- Mark making - scribbling and drawing with thick crayons, chalk, 'painting' with water and chalks outside
- Climbing, hanging and swinging activities - climbing frames, swings, ropes
- Sensory activities - sand, clay, cornflour, water
These activities will:
- Strengthen the muscles in fingers and inhibit the palmar reflex ready for learning to write
- Develop upper body strength and strength in fingers